Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 01:09:16 +0200
From:      "H. Eckert" <ripley@nostromo.in-berlin.de>
To:        isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setting up i4b

Hi.

Having prepared a new server machine a few weeks before, an unexpected
crash of my old server (it gave me a memory parity failure) eventually
led me to shut the old machine off to rip the isdn card and put it into
the new one.
The new server's running 3.3-STABLE as of 99-09-23 with the supplied i4b
(I'm not feeling like bleeding edge on a production machine even if it's
my home server).
I took the supplied isdnd.rc file, adjusted the plain HDLC-entry with my
numbers and everything is basically working just fine.  But there are
some flaws that need to be addressed soon.

- Hangup on idletime (solved):

idletime-outgoing       = 60            # outgoing call idle timeout
earlyhangup             = 5             # time to hangup before an expected

At first I forgot to move the appropriate rates file into place
but I did that and reloaded the setup...

I got a timeout of 60 *minutes* with that!

unitlengthsrc           = rate          # none, rate, cmdl, conf, aocd

I just looked at the comment and made that setting "aocd".
This helps for the timeout problem.

- Displaying incoming (voice) calls:

29.09.1999 00:16:36 CHD 00038 <unknown> incoming call from 3021478453 to 2147845

The line is too long for the fullscreen display so I can't reliably see
what MSN had been called.  The "<unknown>" part is just irritating.
The problem is, the answering machine isn't working at all.  I have
the device in the kernel, of course and I used the sample entry in
my isdnd.rc.
"isdntelctl -g" (as root) gives an I/O error on /dev/i4btel0.

crw-------  1 root  wheel   56,   0 Sep 29 00:35 /dev/i4btel0

Greetings,
				Ripley
--
H. Eckert, 10777 Berlin, Germany, http://www.in-berlin.de/User/nostromo/
ISO 8859-1: Ä=Ae, Ö=Oe, Ü=Ue, ä=ae, ö=oe, ü=ue, ß=sz.