Date:      Sun, 23 Oct 2016 11:15:54 +1100 (EST)
From:      Dave Horsfall <dave@horsfall.org>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: misc/jive deleted

On Sat, 22 Oct 2016, Alphons van Werven wrote:

> There used to be "offensive" (a term to be taken rather loosely in this
> case) fortune cookies, but they got kicked out somewhere in 9.X. That
> was the base system though; not the ports tree.

Not to mention "fortune -o" (to get the obscene versions) and there were
some beauties there...

> Come to think of it, I'm quite (be it pleasantly) surprised to see that
> deskutils/hot-babe is still allowed. I'm still half waiting for someone
> with misguided delusions of moral superiority to delete that port,
> thinking it's their decision to make that FreeBSD must not enable people
> to display their system load as a cartoon woman in various stages of
> undress. Or something along those lines. But I digress...

I never cease to be astonished by censorship.

> Anyway, if anyone misses this port, I'll be happy to maintain it
> privately and make it available from a public repository, if only
> because I strongly oppose censorship, so I would gladly help circumvent
> what I consider to be a hopelessly outdated and even morally wrong
> concept.

Yes please; it seems to be marked as broken:

aneurin% cd wmfortune
aneurin% less *descr
WMFortune outputs fortune messages, just as its name says.
aneurin% make
===>  wmfortune-0.241_3 is marked as broken: No public disfiles.
*** [all] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/games/wmfortune.

Sigh...