Date:      Sun, 7 Oct 2001 20:20:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/24662: too many questions about source management bloat freebsd lists

The following reply was made to PR docs/24662; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, bartequi@inwind.it
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 20:11:32 -0700

 patch.delta doesn't apply cleanly to the original patch for me, but I
 can put them together manually.  I don't really like this addition.

 This is an appendix that describes methods for obtaining FreeBSD.
 This section on CVSup already contains a subsection "For more
 information" that includes a link to the CVSup FAQ, the CVSup home
 page, mailing lists for support of CVSup, etc.  This appendix is not a
 source of documentation for CVSup, and this addition clutters the
 concise information that is already there.  I believe that there is
 more than enough detail already (almost too much in fact) about
 creating a sup file from scratch, etc.

 You've written some good material, and if you would like to add a
 separate article about advanced CVSup usage, then that might be
 valuable, but I really don't think all of this information belongs in
 an appendix to the Handbook.

 I think this PR should be closed.

   Thanks,

   - Murray