Date:      Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:51:15 +0100
From:      Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Final sanity pass: xdev

--magLDk5D4XGaUXcd

Hi Warner,

The last couple of days/weeks I've been working a lot with LLVM+Clang.
I'm currently writing some BSD makefiles to see how hard it is to add
Clang to our base system, as a proof of concept.

A nice thing about Clang is that it seems to be very easy to compile in
multiple backends into the same Clang binary. If we ever switch to Clang
in the base system (who knows), it would be interesting to see whether
it's useful to just compile in all backends by default.

Anyway, I took a quick look at the xdev patch and it looks okay. :-)

--=20
 Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/

--magLDk5D4XGaUXcd