Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 2013 21:40:41 +0200
From:      Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
To:        O. Hartmann <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 10.0-CURRENT #0 r249720: graphics/jasper: eval: @CC@: not found

On Apr 22, 2013, at 20:47, O. Hartmann <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de> =
wrote:
> Trying to update port graphics/jasper on our FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT =
boxes
> (all r249720 or higher) fails on all(!) Core2Duo based systems (Intel
> E8400 or Q6600) (CLANG 3.3) with the below shown error.
> Interestingly, the port does compile on all boxes running the very =
same
> FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT with either Sandy-Bridge-E (i7-3939K) or Ivy =
Bridge
> (i3-3220) CPUs. All systems have in common that I compile world and
> kernel with option -O3 (CLANG 3.3), -march=3Dnative.
> I guess I hit a miscompilation with either option -O3 -march=3Dnative =
on
> "Penryn" architectures with the new CLANG 3.3 compiler?
>=20
> (By the way, I also see this obscure "@CC@: not found" error in
> compiling games/qstat and it hits also the Core2Duo boxes, but not any
> CPU type beyond the C2D).

This is most likely the same issue you reported in another thread, here:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?1365877246.2093.20.camel

The configure script tries to use sed to replace @CC@ with a build-time =
setting, but the sed replacement fails, because of a problem in the =
regex functions in libc, when libc is compiled with -O3 or higher.  The =
exact cause of the problem is still unknown (likely a bug in the =
vectorizer, or less likely a bug in libc).

Please recompile and reinstall at least your libc with -O2 instead of =
-O3,  and retry the ports build afterwards.

In general, if you use non-standard optimization settings, always remove =
the customizations first, before reporting problems.