Date:      Tue, 03 Nov 1998 14:20:54 +0100
From:      Karsten Fleischer <fleischi@physik.tu-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Ejecting a zip medium

Hello!

We are using the new FreeBSD 3.0 Release with a parallel port
Zip drive. Everything works fine, but we are looking for
a way to eject the Zip medium automatically. We tried to use
"cdcontrol -f /dev/da0 eject" (or /dev/da0s4) without result.
(cdcontrol status gives some messages). The question is whether
we make something wrong and there is another "built in" way
to eject a medium or if there is a external tool like ziptool
for Linux (ejecting and en/disable of the write protection), which
isnīt working with FreeBSD.

	Ciao