Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 18:29:39 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
To:        Ali Nasseh <a_nasseh@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unmounting cdrom and sound card problems

> Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:05:12 -0800 (PST)
> From: Ali Nasseh <a_nasseh@yahoo.com>
> Subject: unmounting cdrom and sound card problems
> To: questions@freebsd.org
>
> hi,
> please help me to overcome two problems below:
> 1. I can't unmount my cdrom; I don't know why the
> unmount command doesn't work on my system.

    it's not unmount, it's umount.
    if you mounted it with e. g.
    # mount /cdrom
    then I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to unmount it.
    what errors (if any) do you get? (I'm sorry, I've left my crystal
    ball at home)

> 2. my sound card is in the freeBSD's HW copatibility
> list, but my system( r4.3 ) doesn't know it. anyway,
> how may i install a new driver for that?

    depending on many things, you might be fine with just
    # kldload snd

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
6:27PM up 1 day, 2:12, 14 users, load averages: 0.09, 0.04, 0.01