Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 1999 19:53:29 +0100 (CET)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        listmail@helena.callcenter.systemhaus.net (Christoph Weber-Fahr)
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.X support

Christoph Weber-Fahr wrote:

> Is there any chance for a change of this policy ? I've got quite a few
> 2.x Systems in 'production', two of which run i4b, and I don't plan
> getting them to 3.x any time soon (actually, at least one of them will
> never go to 3.x unless they have a replacement for the sea driver).

The reasons are:

- the time and work required to to get a release out. something has to
	be removed to make place for new things.

- code clutter: in case old code is not removed from such a thing like i4b
	it will stay there forever.

- 2.2 dropped: the new "stable" is 3.1.

> So, what does it take to keep i4b supporting FreeBSD 2.X ? Is there
> anything I could do ?

You are doing something right now :-), if someone else will do all the
release work required for 2.2.x next time ...

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                hm@kts.org                   Hamburg, Europe
 We all live in a yellow subroutine, yellow subroutine, yellow subroutine ...