Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2001 20:23:05 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        standards@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wrong type for gid in include/gid.h?

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 06:08:13PM +0000, Mark Murray wrote:
> > Actually, there are many places in the base system which assume
> > that gr_gid is int.  Some of them are trivial to fix, some - like
> > amd, pw(8) and sysinstall - require a bit more thinking.
>
> Sing them out - I'll fix them :-)

I have a RELENG_4 patch that fixes those that were present in -stable
about two months ago.  The way I did it was simply a
find /usr/src -type f | xargs fgrep -l gr_gid
and then look at the files.

I could give you the patch, but it's against -stable, and it's against
an old -stable (I have not checked the commits in the meantime to see
if they've introduced new gr_gid misuses, but I've been updating the patch
to apply properly to -stable as it evolves).  A fresh new look at
the whole source tree would be the best way to find them.

G'luck,
Peter

--
If there were no counterfactuals, this sentence would not have been paradoxical.