Date:      Mon, 3 Aug 1998 17:06:58 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        jgrosch@mooseriver.com, Brandon Huey <bh@synergy.transbay.net>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Retail outlets for FreeBSD

On Sunday,  2 August 1998 at 23:33:06 -0700, Josef Grosch wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 02, 1998 at 08:05:11AM +0930, Greg Lehey wrote:
>> On Saturday,  1 August 1998 at  3:34:22 -0700, Brandon Huey wrote:
>>>
>>> i see a good supply of _The Complete FreeBSD_ at the Borders in
>>> Emeryville, CA on a regular basis. i try to move a copy or two into the
>>> linux area, leaving a few in the proximity of _magic garden_ and the
>>> likes, where they normally are.
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> Yes, I do this, too, though I suppose I have an ulterior motive.
>>
>> They're also available at Borders in Austin, TX.
>
> I have been listing Borders, Barnes & Noble, et al. under "National" My
> thinking was that these are national book chains and will carry "The
> Complete FreeBSD" in most of their larger stores. I may have to re-think my
> position.

No, I think I need to learn how to read.  I thought "National" was one
of your States.  At least, that's my claim.

Seriously, how about putting "National" up the front before the list
of the states and making it obvious that it's not just another state
listing?  Most people will look for their state first and ignore the
others.

Greg