Date:      Fri, 11 Jun 2010 00:27:18 +0200
From:      Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Helmut Schneider <jumper99@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: amavisd-new does not compile because of db42

> Helmut 'Ingrid' Schneider wrote:
>

>> I cannot compile amavisd-new because db42 is not recognized as already
>> installed:
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=147718
>>
>> As stated in the (unfortunately closed) PR I already removed all
>> packages and tried from scratch but it still fails.
>>
> Might be by accident but I checked 5 machines, it failed on both amd64
> platforms while on the other 3 i386 platforms it succeeded...

Could you please try the following on the machines where it fails?

env FORCE_PKG_REGISTER=yes portupgrade amavisd-new\*

This will register db42 and after that it will surely be installed in a
consistent state. After this, amavisd-new will also be updated. Directly
after this:

portupgrade -f amavisd-new\*

This just forces the reinstallation of amavisd-new even though at this
point you already have the latest version. It is just to check if it
fails again (which means really there's a problem in the port) or it
builds well (which means your db42 installation was just corrupted).

--
Gabor Kovesdan
FreeBSD Volunteer

EMAIL: gabor@FreeBSD.org .:|:. gabor@kovesdan.org