Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:09:50 +0100
From:      Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
To:        Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: -doc/bugs issue/question

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 12:54:19PM -0400, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> Greetings,
>=20
> This is a simple question/issue I've been thinking of:
>=20
> Many people submit patches in their PRs; however, many of them are
> not applied because they are submitted for a stable branch and
> many developers simply lack the time to merge it into current.
>=20
> Perhaps in our PR/bugs documentation, we could recommend that:
>=20
> A patch against the CURRENT or HEAD CVS branch is preffered since
> all new code should be applied and tested first.  After
> appropriate or substational testing has been done, the code will
> be merged/migrated to the STABLE branch.

Good idea.  I'd recommend the "Attaching patches or files" section of the
problem-reports article, where it should slot in quite nicely; but do
spellcheck the above first ;-)

Ceri
--=20
User: DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR?
Iniaes: Sure, I can accept all forms of payment.
                                           -- www.chatterboxchallenge.com

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc--