Date:      Sat, 26 Dec 2009 18:40:01 +0100
From:      Benny Goemans <benny.goemans@belgacom.net>
To:        =?iso-8859-2?q?G=F3t_Andr=E1s?= <andrej@antiszoc.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel Matrixraid on amd64

Hi Andr=E1s,

I am indeed aware of the risk that these kind of raid solutions bring with=
=20
them and if I would do the whole system anew I would just buy a separate ra=
id=20
controller.
The thing is that there's now around 1TB of data in a raid configuration si=
nce=20
one or two years and I can't change raid controllers easily. This is=20
especially hard since it's a tri boot system (windows, freebsd and a test-o=
s).

But I suppose that the driver is expected to work on amd64 just as it is on=
=20
i386, isn't it? After all everything is showing up fine, it just seems to b=
e=20
that sysinstall has a problem using it (maybe the kernel but I'll do some m=
ore=20
tests to confirm).

Regards,

Benny Goemans