Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 01:03:36 -0600
From:      Paul Saab <paul@mu.org>
To:        "Randy A. Katz" <randyk@ccsales.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SENDMAIL / DNS Question

I had this exact problem.  When I aliased all my virtualhosts off
the ethernet device sendmail would not honor the MX record for one
of the domains which did not deliver locally.  If anyone tried to
send email to the the domain from the local machine it would bounce
with a user not found.  Mail sent off the local machine was sent
fine.

I went back to using the loopback and then arp -s ip ether pub to
get the ip on the network and everything works fine.

Weird problem...

Paul