Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:52:21 +0200
From:      Sebastian Schulze Struchtrup <seb@struchtrup.com>
To:        Sergei Kolobov <sergei@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: alternative options for ports

Sergei Kolobov wrote:

>On 2004-10-12 at 19:01 +0200, Sebastian Schulze Struchtrup wrote:
>

>>Will there be any use for some other ports (in the future?).
>>I would go to implement this in bsd.port.mk if this is favoured and
>>would make sense for others.
>>Otherwise, I would implement a way in the ports makefile or using a
>>command line/environment option like WITH_DB=xxxx.
>>

>I would certainly welcome such an addition, and I do see potential usage of
>options like WITH_DB=xxx in many ports, at least among the port I maintain
>myself.

Nice to hear. It's better to do some work which is usable for others
than just for me.
And otherwise it would not make sense to change bsd.port.mk.

>Please let me know if you need any help.

Well, I have to see. Thanks a lot.
I have contacted Eivind as he has implemented the ports options framework.
He has given me some positive feedback for this and suggested to work
together.
But please tell me, if you have got any other nice ideas related to this.

Sebastian