Date:      Thu, 7 May 1998 17:31:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Dan Ts'o" <dan@dna.rockefeller.edu>
To:        benedict@echonyc.com (Snob Art Genre)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel Etherexpress PRO/100+ PCI

> As I understand it, the PRO/100+ is just a PRO/100B, but fabricated
> differently -- they figured out how to do it with one less chip.  But
> the interface is the same.

	An Intel support engineer told me that, although very similar, the
Pro/100+ and Pro/100B are not identical at the software/driver level and
that minor changes would probably be necessary to fully support the Pro/100+.
He said that (at the time), since the Pro/100B was still on the market that
if I was concerned, I should get the Pro/100B instead to avoid problems.