Date:      Sat, 1 Jun 2002 19:26:57 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Marc Fonvieille <marc@blackend.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/38777: In articles 4.x, 3.x should be 4.X and 3.X

On 2002-06-01 10:06 +0200, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
> On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 04:00:05PM -0700, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> >  >      In articles 4.x, 3.x should be 4.X and 3.X
> >  >      Read the patch below for more details.
> >
> >  Is this really necessary?
> >

> hehe, well nothing is indispensable. The *current* convention is 4.X
> instead of 4.x, i'm currently correcting that in my freebsd-fr work, so
> i *propagate* that on the original tree :)

Which is nice :)

> >  Apart from increasing the size of the RCS foo,v files
> >  that are kept in the repository, why would this need
> >  to be changed? :P
>
> I never saw corrections in that way, i wasn't aware of that size
> problem, sorry.

Yes, well, all commits increase the file of the RCS files in the
repository.  There is nothing wrong though with making changes like
this.  I'm just not sure about making changes like this to all the
files of doc/*, which change just one letter in a few dozen lines.

> Well i have a bunch of unsubmitted PRs *laying around* : punctuation,
> convention, minor errors etc... docs can live without them, so i will
> not submit them.

Far be it from me that I would be the cause for you to stop submitting
changes.  I've committed far too many of your changes to say that I
don't like them :)

You should really keep the good work coming!

- Giorgos