Date:      Mon, 19 May 2003 10:05:07 +0200
From:      "Jan-Peter Koopmann" <Jan-Peter.Koopmann@seceidos.de>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Commit ports/50158 please?

Oh boy I just love this PGP plugin... Next try:
------

Hi,

> If you want it committed anytime soon, don't attach a uuencoded=20
> gzipped tarball. attach a plaintext shar archive.
> GNATS doesn't make dealing with attached binaries very easy.

I keep hearing this over and over again. If that is the case (which
might very well be), why does the porter's handbook say

---- snipp ----
Next, simply include the output of shar `find port_dir` in a bug report
and send it with the send-pr(1) program (see Bug Reports and General
Commentary for more information about send-pr(1)). If the uncompressed
port is larger than 20KB, you should compress it into a tarfile and use
uuencode(1) before including it in the bug report (uuencoded tarfiles
are acceptable even if the bug report is smaller than 20KB but are not
preferred)
---- snipp ----

Unfortunately the first version of the port needed a lot of patches.
The latest version is a lot smaller... So how can we "push" this a
little bit so it finally gets committed?

Thanks,
  JP