Date:      Fri, 20 Jan 1995 10:26:13 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com (user alias)
Subject:   Re: NETBEUI for FreeBSD? Any docs?

Jordan wrote:

> My problem with SAMBA is that it's not a DOS solution, just a Windows
> solution.  I need both.  Any suggestions? :)
>
> 					Jordan

It's a DOS solution as well. Get the DOS Lanmanager client from MS (also free)
(ftp.microsoft.com), install it under DOS (it's 4 diskettes I believe).
Do  a

C:\net start
C:\net use k: \\freebsd\public
K:
K:\dir
etc.. etc..

> > > My understanding is that NetBEUI is rather simplistic, non-routable, but
> > > it would be useful in communicating with PC's running wfw that for some
> > > reason don't want TCP/IP.
> >
> > If you want ot share printers and disks, I'd suggest looking at
> > samba.
> > --
> > Ollivier ROBERT     -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-     roberto@FreeBSD.ORG
> >    FreeBSD keltia 2.1.0-Development #9: Tue Jan 17 21:12:14 MET 1995

--Chris  Christoph P. U. Kukulies    kuku@gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de
FreeBSD blues 2.1.0-Development FreeBSD 2.1.0-Development #1:
Wed Jan 18 10:42:31  1995     kuku@blues:/usr/src/sys/compile/BLUES  i386