Date:      Mon, 3 Jan 2011 20:05:13 GMT
From:      bschmidt@FreeBSD.org
To:        kubito@gmail.com, bschmidt@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org, bschmidt@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/153594: [iwn] Network keeps disconnecting when /etc/rc.d/netif restart is run

Synopsis: [iwn] Network keeps disconnecting when /etc/rc.d/netif restart is run

State-Changed-From-To: open->suspended
State-Changed-By: bschmidt
State-Changed-When: Mon Jan 3 19:59:38 UTC 2011
State-Changed-Why:
This is known issue. There is race in devd and our rc-subsystem if wpa_supplicant is involved effectivly resulting in starting wpa_supplicant twice. Both instances try to take over the wlan device which results in what you are seeing.

I have no idea how to fix this right now, so this has to wait until I'm able to think of proper fix.

As a workaround, don't use netif restart but kldunload if_iwn; kldload if_iwn instead.

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-net->bschmidt
Responsible-Changed-By: bschmidt
Responsible-Changed-When: Mon Jan 3 19:59:38 UTC 2011
Responsible-Changed-Why:
over to me