Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2014 15:17:03 -0500
From:      Mark Felder <feld@freebsd.org>
To:        Sami Halabi <sodynet1@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, Petri Helenius <petri@helenius.fi>, owner-freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS auto online

On 2014-06-17 14:53, Sami Halabi wrote:
> Hi,
>  Waiting for zfsd and pray not help yet..
>  Is there any working devd script that can be used as a reference.

in my /usr/local/etc/devd/ I have a virtualbox.conf file with this in
it:

# zalman
notify 50 {
         match "system"          "USB";
         match "subsystem"       "DEVICE";
         match "type"            "ATTACH";
         match "vendor"          "0x0928";
         action "chown feld:feld /dev/$cdev";
};

This recognizes a zalman USB drive by its vendor ID when devd sees it is
attached and runs that chown command. I'm sure you could tweak this to
your needs.