Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 2004 11:49:28 +0200
From:      Michael Ranner <mranner@jawa.at>
To:        Joerg Pulz <Joerg.Pulz@frm2.tum.de>
Cc:        ale@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Static php4-openssl extension needed was: Missing SSL support in core php4

Am Mittwoch, 8. September 2004 07:54 schrieb Joerg Pulz:

> hi,
>
> the same problem here for me.
> attached is a small diff for lang/php4/Makefile.
> run 'make config' in lang/php4-extensions and make sure that the OPENSSL
> point is deselected/unchecked or if php4-openssl-... is already installed
> please deinstall it to avoid conflicts.
>
> it works for me.
> maybe it's a good idea to remove the OPENSSL option from
> lang/php4-extensions and build lang/php4 everytime with openssl or make it
> an option there.

Yes, its possibly the best solution, I dont know if its possible to check php4
binary for openssl support after compilation to avoid the conflict with
php4-openssl. Probably the options file of php4 could be read in and
evaluated to warn about it.

Regards

--
/\/\ichael Ranner

mranner@jawa.at - mranner@bitonline.cc - webmaster@mariazell.at
JAWA Management Software GmbH - http://www.jawa.at/
  Liebenauer Hauptstrasse 2oo - A-8041 Graz
        Tel +43 316 403274 21 - Fax +43 316 403274 10
             Mariazell Online - http://www.mariazell.at/