Date:      Tue, 6 Jul 2004 10:07:09 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        Stelian Popescu-Crainic <scrainic@marcon.qc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GENERIC fails to compile

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 04:33:39PM -0500, Stelian Popescu-Crainic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After upgrading from 4.9 to 4.10 and upgrading the sources via CVSup, I've
> tried to recompile the kernel (I need appletalk which is not included in the
> GENERIC configuration) with make buildkernel etc.. After several attempts,
> including one using the "traditional" way, with the same results, I've tried
> to recompile GENERIC. The output was the same:
>
> "	/usr/src/sys/modules/ipfilter/../../contrib/ipfilter/netinet/ip_fil.c: In
> function `send_ip':
> 	/usr/src/sys/modules/ipfilter/../../contrib/ipfilter/netinet/ip_fil.c:1325:
> void value not ignored as it ought to be
> 	*** Error code 1

This was recently fixed in 4-STABLE. In general, if you choose to go
with the -STABLE sources, you need to subscribe to the freebsd-stable
list to keep up with any gotchas.

If you cvsup again, your problem will have gone away.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by"