Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 2013 22:10:22 +0300
From:      Alexander Yerenkow <yerenkow@gmail.com>
To:        hartzell@alerce.com
Subject:   Re: Help with filing a [maybe] ZFS/mmap bug.

I know how all not loving "me-too" emails, but I'll try :)
There's a rtorrent, which uses mmap. And I had cases (related to reboot),
where big files
(or average files in many-files torrents) appears with broken checksum
without any good reason.
Author of rtorrent not very politely always assume that really broken other
filesystems, while rtorrent have simple logic (with mmap using)...

This post is pretty interesting:
http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/ticket/483

In the end I just switched to transmission.

Anyway, there could be really some weird/rare bugs with ZFS and mmap. Or
just ZFS.
I hope this will help at least to narrow direction for potential bugbusting.