Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 1997 20:15:10 -0500
From:      "Steve Sims" <SimsS@IBM.Net>
To:        "Nate Williams" <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sio probes broken in PAO-970210?

> From: Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
> > Sorry, Nate - I don't follow you....  Do you mean "A clean 2.2-GAMMA
> > install doesn't have the patches from PAO"?  If so, this I understand.
>
> Yes, that's what I meant. :)
>
> > If you mean "the 970210 PAO tarball doesn't have sio changes folded in"
> > then I don't understand at all.  less'ing sys.patch, I can see mods to
> > sio.c and they got applied to my kernel source code when I installed
the
> > PAO-970210 patch(es).
>
> No, you need to apply the PAO patches to 2.2 to get working SIO support
> for your laptop.
>
> > > You can get the PAO patches to 2.2 and see if they help.
Been there, done that.  I started with ssys.?? for 2.2-GAMMA, then applied
PAO-970210 off the PAO home page.  (They purport to be in alpha-test
against 2.2-GAMMA) then config'ed my kernel, make'ed it, install'ed it and
rebooted.  No joy.

> > Where?  Something I've missed?
>
> The PAO patches are against 2.2Gamma, aren't they?
I assume so; the sys.patch applies cleanly against a pristing 2.2-GAMMA
source deck.

Still hunting for a clue....

...sjs...