Date:      Thu, 8 May 2003 14:45:31 -0400
From:      Zachary Lewko <zlewko@WPI.EDU>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   FlightGear and r128 DRM

  Has anyone had any success getting FlightGear to work with a ATI
  all in wonder 128 pro?  Without DRM support it would work but be
  painfully slow. Now, I think that I now have the kernel and XFree86
  properly configured for DRM support. However whenever i try to run
  the program it locks the entire system while loading.  I can use
  other openGL applications without any problem so im not sure whats
  happening.  Below is some relevant information. Any ideas?

--
 Zachary Lewko   mailto:zlewko@wpi.edu
 WPI Electrical Engineering '04

I'm running 4-STABLE, made world yesterday so everything should be up
to date.

-bash-2.05b$ dmesg | grep drm
drm0: <ATI Rage 128 Pro PF (AGP)> port 0xa000-0xa0ff mem 0xd5000000-0xd5003fff,0xd0000000-0xd3ffffff irq 9 at device 0.0 on pci1
info: [drm] AGP at 0xc0000000 256MB
info: [drm] Initialized r128 2.3.0 20021029 on minor 0

FROM XF86Config

Section "Module"

# This loads the DBE extension module.

    Load        "dbe"   # Double buffer extension

# This loads the miscellaneous extensions module, and disables
# initialisation of the XFree86-DGA extension within that module.
    SubSection  "extmod"
      Option    "omit xfree86-dga"   # don't initialise the DGA extension
    EndSubSection

# This loads the Type1 and FreeType font modules
    Load        "type1"
    Load        "freetype"

# This loads the GLX module
    Load        "GLcore"
    Load        "pex5"
    Load        "dri"
    Load       "glx"
    Load        "record"
    Load        "xie"

EndSection

Section "DRI"
   Mode 0666
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "ATI All-in-Wonder Pro"
    Driver      "r128"
    #VideoRam    32768
    Option      "DMAForXv"
    # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
EndSection