Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 2010 12:09:45 -0700
From:      Anjali Kulkarni <anjali@juniper.net>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Anjali Kulkarni <anjali@juniper.net>
Subject:   About Marvell Yukon drivers skgeinit and sky2

Hi,

As I understand, there are 2 flavors of the Marvel Yukon driver. One is for=
 Yukon-I devices, and is called skgeinit, and other is for Yukon-II devices=
 and called sky2 driver.=20
Looking at the release notes for 7.0, it looks like this driver which was i=
n sys/dev/yukon, is now present as the msk(4) driver in sys/dev/msk and sys=
/dev/sk?. I do not see a yukon under dev anymore. I see only 2 files in the=
 msk directory, is it really moved here?=20
Is the Yukon-II sky2 driver support present in Freebsd 6.1? How easy would =
it to backport this to 6.1?
If yes, then is there a way to disable the skgeinit(which seems to be the d=
efault) and enable the sky2 driver?

Anjali