Date:      Sun, 01 Aug 1999 06:11:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <marcus@miami.edu>
To:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Wierd netstat -i statistic

I've been running FreeBSD 3.1 on a pretty crappy P166.  The machine has
been up for over 144 days.  It runs a web server, mail server, Samba
server, router, firewall, and AppleShae server (all in 32 MB of RAM).
All-in-all, it's been great.  Just now, I did a netstat -i on the machine
to look at the packet counters, and saw 11 collisions on the tun0
interface.  This interface is the main connection to the internet.  I'm
running user ppp on it.  I've never seen a collision on a point-to-point
link before.  It was my understanding that such a link is full-duplex,
thus a collision would be impossible.  After 144 days, any idea why all of
a sudden I would see 11 collisions on a point-to-point interface?  I am
running the latest ppp (compiled from src).

Joe Clarke