Date:      Thu, 19 Aug 1999 00:05:25 -0400
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   -current broken?

Yesterday and today, after a cvsup and kernel build, I get a panic
very early in the boot on my laptop.  What's left on the screen is a
general protection fault in kernel mode, and an attempt to trace just
causes another panic.  Tomorrow I will put a serial cable on it and
get some details, but I'm guessing that this comes from the recent
BUF_STRATEGY stuff, possibly breaking in the wd driver (which might
be why there hasn't been a report yet if most everyone is using ata).

I'm stuck with wd for the moment (pccard compact flash stuff), so if
that's it and it hasn't been repaired by then, I'll dig into it.
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/