Date:      Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:50:18 -0500
From:      Dan Swartzendruber <dswartz@druber.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with if_bridge?

This has got to be something silly I'm doing, but the man pages don't
tell me what.  I've googled a fair amount and likewise nothing.  Anyway...

I've got a box running 6.0-RELEASE-p3.  Two network cards present, an
intel pro/100 (fxp0) and a cisco aironet card (ath0).  I want to
bridge the wireless users onto the LAN, but can't get it to work.  I
was told to use if_bridge instead of bridge.  Recommended steps:

ifconfig bridge0 create
ifconfig addm fxp0
ifconfig addm ath0

***

The first steps works fine.  After doing the second, I completely
lose ethernet connectivity.  The odd thing is that I can ping hosts
on the LAN, but no TCP or UDP traffic will flow.  I'm not running pf
or ipfw.  I also this this:

ifconfig addm fxp0 addm ath0

(in fact the above was the original rec I found on google, but that
didn't work either, so I tried eliminating the ath interface from the
equation by doing the wired nic first...)

There has GOT to be something obvious and/or stupid here, but I'm stumped :(