Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 17:31:05 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Patrik Astrom <patrik@astrom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange SCSI message and Reboots (and Vinum)

Hi all

Im running FBSD 4.1.1-Stable (Oct 10) and Im having trouble with
stability!, my problem is that at 02:00 every night my box "crashes" and I
get the included error message i my /var/log/messages logfile (A single
message).

Oct 23 02:00:11 styx /kernel: ahc0:A:1: ahc_intr - referenced scb not
valid during seqint 0x71 scb(18)

And I wonder if anyone knows what might be the problem, my SCSI card is a
Adaptec 2940/UW and Im using a Compaq Disk array with 4 Seagate drives.

<SEAGATE ST32151N 0154>

Im "striping" these disks to a RAID5 volume with Vinum, Im including my
vinum configuration below.

drive d0 device /dev/da0a
drive d1 device /dev/da1a
drive d2 device /dev/da2a
drive d3 device /dev/da3a
volume raid
 plex org raid5 512k
  sd length 0 drive d0
  sd length 0 drive d1
  sd length 0 drive d2
  sd length 0 drive d3

Im having this problem EVERY night at 02:00 when "perodic daily" starts
(01:59) and i suspects that I get this problem due to heavy IO's.

I would be most gratefull for any hint or suggestions you might have..

Regards
Patrik Astrom, Stockholm