Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 1999 08:00:54 +1100
From:      jesse reynolds <jesse@va.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SSH problems in the Ports collection.

Hello

I'm running 3.3-RELEASE. I can't seem to install ssh using the ports
collection. I've tried 1.2.27, and 2.?, with USA_RESIDENT=NO, and
they both fail. (I also tried USA_RESIDENT=YES to see if it made any
difference and it doesn't, fails with the same error).

1.2.27 fails because it can't find the following file on any server:

patch-ssh-1.2.27-bsd.tty.chown

It would appear this file doesn't exist on any of the ftp servers
that the ports coll and I have tried. Is there any reason for this?
ssh2 fails with a very similar problem, can't find the following file:

patch-ssh-2.0.13-bsd.tty.chown

I've had this problem on two different machines I've tried, on two
different networks. They don't have any problem downloading the ssh
sources from ftp.cs.hut.fi, so the ftp fetch component of the ports
coll is definately working.

In the past the only way I've overcome this kind of problem is to
uncompact the sources and compile them manually, but I'd like it to
work with the Ports collection as I tend to setup alot of FreeBSD
machines for friends etc.

Cheers

Jesse

--
       Jesse Reynolds - Virtual Artists Pty Ltd - http://www.va.com.au

   Faxmail: +61 2 9776 3594                  Virtual Community Engine
     Email: jesse (at) va.com.au             http://www.vce.net
         ?: http://jesse.va.com.au     huh?: Community Server for
       ICQ: 4766684                          MacOS Servers (W*API)