Date:               Wed, 5 Feb 1997 14:37:59 EST
From:      "Miki Janosi" <mjanosi@numacorp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:         Compaq mouse

I have a Compaq Presario 7100 Pentium 100 MHz computer and the PS/2
AUX mouse doesn't work with FreeBSD 2.1.0, although my Compaq Prolinea
575e 75 MHz computer at work does. The mouse does work with Linux
Slackware 3.0 and the only difference I see is code for the Chips &
Technology 82C710 interface chip. Is there a driver available or is
someone working on one? Am I correct or am I missing some easy
solution? Will it be taken care of in a later release? Please send me
some suggestions.
Miki Janosi                   NUMA Corporation, Akron, OH
Tel: (330) 925-5000 x.455     email: mjanosi@numacorp.com