Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 11:12:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@iaces.com>
To:        dave@ciminot.com (David B. Aas)
Cc:        proot@iaces.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hard reset

In a previous message, David B. Aas said:
> Paul T. Root-
> (or is it Tover Weller?) :-)
>
> You have a hardware problem!

I don't think so. It happens on 5 IBM Z Pro's (PPro 200)
and 1 Compaq DeskPro 2000 (Pentium 133). The common
HW between them are:
	Intel Pro/100 B
	Adaptec 2940UW

and the common configuration is that they have IDE buses
active (though the Compaq no longer has any devices) and
boot off  SCSI disk 0.

They hand with either 2.2.8-Stable (January) or 3.2-Release.

Also, the IBM's reboot fine from NT, NeXT and Linux (RedHat 5.2
or 6.0).

> Dave Aas
> Dave@ciminot.com

What do you do when a blonde throws a grenade at you?
--Pull the pin and throw it back.