Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:08:39 +0100
From:      Andreas Braukmann <braukmann@tse-online.de>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: old version of PAM in 3.0-stable stopping Samba working?

Hello,

On Wed, Jan 27, 1999 at 02:14:24PM +0000, Chris Stenton wrote:
> Well John you are the only person I know who has got it working
> straight out of the box on a 3.0 machine!
no. <aol>me too</aol>, ... more or less.
I built samba 2.0.0.beta3 (shortly after its availability) from the
plain vanilla samba-distribution (not from the ports).
I upgraded from the previously used 19.x.x release to test the
domain controller functionality.
It works on a 3.0-current-99/01/10 box 'as announced'. (Authentication
through 'smbpasswd')

> directories have public access then all is fine. Any security control that
> needs password checking and you get the module errors as stated.
nope.

But, yesterday I did a 'cd /usr/ports/net/samba; make && make install'.
I wished I hadn't :(
Out of the sudden the NT-workstations were unable to do a successful
domain-logon.
The 'non-domain-logon'-accesses were not disturbed.
I had to switch  back to 2.0.0beta3 'real quick', but I suppose
that something changed regarding the NT-SIDs. (And this is one
for the samba-mailinglist and supposedly non freebsd-specific)

-Andreas

--
: TSE TeleService GmbH  :  Gsf: Arne Reuter        :                 :
: Hovestrasse 14        :       Andreas Braukmann  : We do it with   :