Date:      Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:41:45 +0100
From:      dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: flash plugin in 6.0

On 18 Dec Beecher Rintoul wrote:
> On Sunday 18 December 2005 10:16 pm, Dev Tugnait wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 01:06 -0500, James Bailie wrote:
> > > Dev Tugnait wrote:
> > >  > The port is not broken cvsup your tree
> > >
> > > Yes it is.  While some things work, it still does not create the
> > > proper symbolic link for the acrobat plugin, nor is the path
> > > for it correct in the sample libmap.confs.  Beecher's fix will correct.
> >
> > The only thing it doesnt do is create symbolic links which does not mark
> > a port as BROKEN for one, secondly why would you remove your
> > browser_plugins dir?
>
> That was a typo, read the followup I sent immediately following the
> first message. Secondly putting plugins in browser_linux_plugins does
> break firefox and mozilla. I would call that broken where I come from.
> Users should not have to move things that were installed in the wrong
> place. That's the job of the port.

You were very quick with your correction of the typo. Faster than some
of us read their mails ;-)
Secondly, I totally agree to the statement that the port is "broken"
You have too much to manually correct.
At the time I was not aware of the facts and lost quite some time
finding out. If you know, it's not that kind of a deal.

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 6.0 +++ The Power to Serve