Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 23:22:59 +0600 (ESS)
From:      Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@cgilh.chel.su>
To:        Wayne Cuddy <wayne@crb-web.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: tip or cu??? tip is pretty strange :-)

On Tue, 25 May 1999, Wayne Cuddy wrote:

> Can tip or cu be used to program a modem via at commands and then exit leaving
> these commands active in the modem?

tip must be run interactively,
however you can set it up for "at" commands (Handbook)
talk to your modem and leave it pressing ~^D
(type ~? for help)

BTW, is it bug or not that tip clears out 8th bit ? i cannot
read russian KOI8-R through tip.

another bug-candidate: tip seems not to be hadling properly
the "#" symbol in /etc/phones
I mean, try 'tip omen'. Uh-huh ?
I wonder whether the person who wrote Handbook section
about tip+/etc/phones tried to do it.

> If so how would I do this?  Is anyone doing this?

kermit maybe ? it's in ports collection