Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 23:42:37 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup: what's the progress look like?

Len Conrad wrote:

> Ping from my 3.1 machine to cvsup.de.FreeBSD.org is about 30 ms.
>
> my "cvsup script" runs, I get a couple of checkout lines, and then
> "apparently" nothing.  no disk light, no console movement.
>
> How long does this take?  When to decide to bail out?

IME, cvsup never sits there doing nothing. There's nearly always some
disk activity when running cvsup. What is it doing at this time? I'm
guessing it's blocked somewhere, ``ps axl | grep cvsup'' may help to
find the problem. Have you tried other cvsup servers?

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D