Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 1999 23:20:06 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jim Bryant <jbryant@unix.tfs.net>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Microsoft dies after 47 days (was: Moving on and check out my .sig)

In reply:
> From POPmail Fri Mar  5 20:52:10 1999
> Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 13:07:41 +1030
> From: Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
> To: Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>, "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
> Cc: "Ron G. Minnich" <rminnich@sarnoff.com>, FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
> Subject: Microsoft dies after 47 days (was: Moving on and check out my .sig)
> Sender: owner-freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG

> [moving from -hackers to -chat]

> >> What's worse is that this problem looks obvious. I wonder if whoever
> >> was responsible for this part of the code did not simply think along
> >> the line "Windows running for 49 days straight? Get real!"
> >
> > A mentioned this to a few of my co-workers who responded, "what part of
> > Windows". Is there a page that has the gory details somewhere?
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q216/6/41.asp

NOTE: If this product was already installed on your computer when you
   purchased it from the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and you
   need this fix, please call the Pay Per Incident number listed on
   the above Web site. If you contact Microsoft to obtain this fix, a
   fee may be charged. This fee is refundable if it is determined that
   you only require the fix you requested.  However, this fee is
   non-refundable if you request additional technical support, if your
   no-charge technical support period has expired, or if you are not
   eligible for standard no-charge technical support.

[Does this not cover 95% of all win95 installations?  "Bugs for Bucks 101"]

jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you    |  "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid  |  briefed, debriefed, indexed, or