Date:      Sun, 17 Dec 1995 09:31:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Dyson <dyson>
To:        paul@netcraft.co.uk
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, andreas@knobel.gun.de, current@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org, cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de, jkh@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-current-stable ???

> Absolutely, the vm headers are a good example. Peter was fixing
> code for a while after this commit because some parts of the tree
> WOULDN'T EVEN COMPILE!  Was a make world done before this commit,
> I somehow doubt it given the glaring problems that Peter fixed.
> Missing the odd bug when changing the filesystem to allow 1Tb files
> is one thing and is what -current is for, not doing even a basic
> sanity check to make sure the tree still compiles is a totally
> different case and one we used to be a lot more stern about when
> it happened.
>
> I think the core team has become a little too soft when dealing
> with it's cotributors :-)

A make world was not done, and if someone would donate a reasonable
machine to me to let me do so -- it would be very nice.  I probably
have the least powerful machine of any major contributor (and have
only one.)  Those with expensive high power machines are welcome to
help.  (Machines bigger than a 3 yr old 20MB 486/66 :-)).

The kernel did work -- and there was some chaff (a bug in sys_process.c)
-- oh, by the way did the 1Tb changes break things -- or was it the header file
changes/improvements????  All I had to do to get ps working again was to
rebuild libkvm/ps....

John
dyson@freebsd.org