Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2011 11:07:28 -0500
From:      "Paul Niemi" <pnmail@tbaytel.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 8.1 and Intel Atom System Panic

Hello,

I am having a system panic issue with the Intel D510MO motherboard.  It uses
an Intel D510 Atom CPU, that is a hyperthreaded, dual core CPU that supports
Intel 64 Technology.  I am using FreeBSD 8.1_RELEASE AMD64 with the GENERIC
kernel, and the system crashes with the following error on the console, when
hyperthreading is enabled in the BIOS.

panic:vm_page_insert: effset already allocated
cpuid:3

If I disable the hytperthreading in the BIOS, then the system is stable.  Does
anyone know what this error means, or what the hyperthreading support is with
8.1_RELEASE AMD64?   Do I need to recompile the kernel with different options
for this CPU, or is this a bug?

Thank you.