Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 00:58:07 -0500
From:      Peter Philipp <pjp@daemonium.com>
To:        Rod Taylor <rbt@zort.on.ca>
Cc:        chat@gtabug.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gtabug - Problems with Firewall????

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 09:51:26PM -0500, Rod Taylor wrote:
> Needless to say, it's something weird with IPF, Nat, and SSH on both
> ends of the connection through the previous two... Removing either IPF
> or Nat does the trick, as does making one connection non-freebsd (or
> atleast non-openssh).

Well I'd just get rid of the IPF rules if it's either Nat or IPF.  On another
note have you tried changing from DSA keys to RSA keys and switching
encryption algorithms?  Finally perhaps ssh -v will give you better results
in trying to debug this problem.  At last perhaps you can get a tcpdump of
what it's doing just before it hangs (a good thing to keep track of is window
updates and negotiations as well).

Hope that helps any,

--
Peter Philipp <pjp@daemonium.com>