Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2000 19:05:24 +0200
From:      Udo Schweigert <ust@cert.siemens.de>
To:        SADA Kenji <sada@bsdclub.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/16638: new port: GNU fileutils

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 01:29:45 +0900, SADA Kenji wrote:
> I'm CC'ing this to ports@FreeBSD.org.
>
> >> I think the post-install target with the same install-info command can be
> >> deleted. Also having it in the PLIST means it will also be executed if
> >> installed with pkg_add from a package and not only when done by "make install"
> >> within /usr/ports/sysutils/fileutils.
>
> ``pkg_add'' never execute post-install target.
> ``make install'' never execute @exec line of PLIST.
>
> Please try your original skeleton with cleanupped /usr/local/info.
> Your port didn't make ``dir`` file but your package did.

Oh yes, I apologize. Up to now I believed it was different.
Anyway: it is a little annoying to repeat exactly same commands in
pkg/PLIST and Makefile.

So I have to fix at least one of my other ports.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Regards
--
Udo Schweigert, Siemens AG   | Voice      : +49 89 636 42170
ZT IK 3, Siemens CERT        | Fax        : +49 89 636 41166