Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:29:05 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        nate@yogotech.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        bmah@FreeBSD.ORG, Gunnar Flygt <flygt@sr.se>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can this really be true? FreeBSD not working on IBM T20's

--==_Exmh_1504286224P

I'm going to try to move this to -mobile where it belongs...

If memory serves me right, Nate Williams wrote:

> > As I read it, some people have had success and others haven't.  It's
> > difficult to figure out what the problem is, since there are so many
> > variables involved and the messages in the thread don't always have the
> > details needed to fully analyze the problem.
>
> I think Ken Key's experience points to it being a partitionID problem,
> since he's done the most testing.

Ken's messages indicated that he'd tested on the A21P and the T21.  In
two separate posts, he said that "we have a couple of T20s' [sic]
running FreeBSD".

I am cautiously optimistic about getting a T20 to work, based on this
info, and some email I've exchanged off-list with one of my cow-orkers.

This is what I meant by "lots of variables"...one of the problems is
that we can't lump all of the "newer generation ThinkPads" together.

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_1504286224P

--==_Exmh_1504286224P--