Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:59:28 -0800
From:      Rick Updegrove <dislists@updegrove.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP forcing crash/reboot in 4.9-STABLE

Rick Updegrove wrote:
> Randy Rowe wrote:
>
>  > Is your Apache running mod_ssl?  If you have updated openssl you will
>  > need to recompile apache with the updated libraries.
>
> Thanks Randy,
>
> I will do that and report back to this thread.

OK I forgot that this box was standard apache port.

root@govmail ~ # pkg_info | grep apache
apache-1.3.29_3     The extremely popular Apache http server.  Very
fast, very

So yeah and as you noticed apache crashes a lot now too...

> By the way my earlier message was somewhat misleading.
>
> I did do this:
>
> #/etc/rc.conf
> #rebooting
> dumpdev=YES
> savecore=YES
> dumpdir="/var/crash"
>
> but I don't have the dump device configured... still looking for exactly
> how to do that properly.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

Ok still looking for a solid "how to troubleshoot the FreeBSD crashing
and rebooting all the time" HOWTO

Rick