Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 23:26:37 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Error from ddd(1)

Running ddd 3.2.1 I get an error, seemingly from gdb, about being
unable to set file to non-blocking mode; which file??. The output from
``ddd --trace'' is:

parish# ddd --trace
GNU DDD 3.2.1 (i386-portbld-freebsd3.4)
Copyright (C) 1995-1999 Technische Universitaet Braunschweig, Germany.
Copyright (C) 1999-2000 Universitaet Passau, Germany.
Compiled with GCC 2.7.2.3, libstdc++ 2.7.2
Requires X11R6, Xt11R6, Motif 2.1.10 (Motif Version 2.1.10)
Includes DDD core, Manual, App defaults, XPM 3.4.11, Athena Panner
Built 2000-03-13 by Charlie  <root@node85.cdrom.com>.
$  ddd --trace
+  /bin/sh -c 'exec gdb -q -fullname'
#  Hello, world!
#  Starting GDB...
!  gdb: cannot set file to non-blocking mode: Resource temporarily unavailable
gdb: warning: cannot set file to non-blocking mode: Resource temporarily unavailable
#  Running GDB (pid 4355, tty /dev/ttyp5)...
#  Current language: c/c++

The message also appears in a pop-up window. Clicking the Help button
gives:

	The communication between GDB and DDD does not work correctly.
	This is probably due to a bad DDD configuration.

	DDD can work around this problem, so you may continue working.

As ddd requires Motif I've installed the package rather than built
from source. Also I'm running 4.0-CURRENT.

parish# uname -a
FreeBSD parish 4.0-STABLE FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE #1: Sat Mar 18 18:53:40 GMT 2000     mark@parish:/usr/src/sys/compile/PARISH  i386

Any ideas as to the problem?

--