Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:38:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Frederick Thomas <nikita_the_jew@yahoo.com>
To:        Hello <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   I could use a little help...

hi,
    i am completely new to freeBSD, ergo, bear with
me,
i just need to ask a few questions. i have an old 486
which i just installed a second larger hard
drive{1.2g} which i will be using to install freeBSD.
the
main problem is that i will be installing from
floppies,(no internet at home), so i was hoping that i
could copy all the files to the Win95 harddrive and
then the freeBSD install will prompt me for the
correct media type, and i should be okay,(at least
that
is what the documentation says). also, there is a file
which i couldn't download from the ftp site for
release
4.4, the bin.au winamp file, so if the install, won't
worry about it, fine. if not could you please email it
to me. is there any particular order in which i should
have the files on the Win95 harddrive, i.e directories
that the install will look for by default, because i
need to know if there are any i need besides the /bin,
/xfree86, /manpages for right now. finally, what is
the best way to slice up and partition the {1.2g} hd?
please return any correspondence to the address above.
any help would be appreciated. thanks :)

                              nikita