Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 13:32:01 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ? "sysinstall" errors labeling a new disk

Jordan K. Hubbard:
 |> Shouldn't sysinstall be doing a disklabel?  Any idea what I'm doing wrong
 |> or if this is a sysinstall bug?
 |
 |It's a sysinstall bug - sysinstall is currently almost useless for doing
 |this kind of thing and I'm currently split between trying to fix it
 |or just forging ahead in trying to get setup(1) done in time. :)

Ok.  Thanks for the reply.  Good to know I didn't miss something.

I'll put in my vote for sysinstall (or sysinstall-like) TUI/GUI tool that
does this.  Really, until I hit this little sysinstall bug, I thought this
disk-repartition was going to be too easy to be true!  That is, perform
the same steps in the same tool as was used to install the original system
(minus creating a root or installing distributions of course).

Based on this little bit of experience, in whatever tool materializes it'd
sure be nice if it were used both for original install and for subsequent
system upgrade (new disk, new partition, etc.).

BTW, what's setup(1)?  Will this ultimately replace sysinstall for
original installation as well?

Randall