Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 07:57:01 -0500
From:      Jack Wenger <webmaster@deancare.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Internal DNS

Any DNS Guru's out there? Thought so...

We've got an large network with a bunch of wan lines. On our physical net,
call it domA.com, everything resolves, including outside names via our
firewall. We're hooked up to another organization, call it domB.com, who
runs their own DNS server. I'm trying to resolve, from domA.com, names in
domB.com. We don't run secondary for domB.com, and really can't rely on
them to make any timely changes.
Do I need to create a secondary for domB.com on my DNS server? Or would a
simple forwarder line work? Or... what? Give my poor tired synapses a
break!
Jack Wenger
Internet Administrator
Dean Health Plan