Date:      Sun, 03 May 1998 02:44:19 +0200
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/6484: xemacs hangs

FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:

> >Category:       ports
> >Responsible:    freebsd-ports
> >Synopsis:       xemacs hangs
> >Arrival-Date:   Sat May  2 06:40:04 PDT 1998

I've tried recompiling xemacs without HAVE_MOTIF, and it does seem to
work better. In xwindow mode it in fact working alright.

But in no window mode, (xemacs -nw) dired only displays one column of
"rights", i.e. a 'd' if a directory and a dash (-) otherwise. The rest
of the columns (that are with grey background in Xemacs window mode) are
empty. hitting any key to act on the files results in a "no file on this
line" message. (This message I have seem before, in certain situations,
but I can't remember the exact setup at that time.)

Anyway, my conlusion is that Xemacs 20.4 won't work with lesstif-0.83.
At least not for me. It also does not work quite well without it in no
window mode.

/Palle